Blood

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Clouds and Cathedrals

I have never seen the ocean, so I cannot tell you about it Frost. I have never flown in a plane, I do not know how it feels to be in the air. I have not been in a castle or walked the Great Wall of China. I have never experienced any of these miracles and yet I exist in the same world as they do. I am closer to these things physically than I can ever be to you again, but I do not know them the way that I know you. You are my heart. Someday maybe I'll see the ocean or walk in the rainforest, but all the beauty in this world won't compare to the day that I can see you again. I wish that I could make a place that would fill my heart up when I entered it the way that I know holding you alive and safe would. I wish that I could find you in trees and sculptures and clouds and cathedrals, but I cannot. I tried. Maybe in the short time since you left us you have done and seen all of the things I have not. Maybe somehow you could bring them to me and show me how to find beauty in them. How to find you.
Night, night Frost
Mama loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment