Blood

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hopefully Recurring

I had a dream one night not to long ago, your Daddy was in the dream. In the dream he shaved his beard, after he shaved it I saw his face, it was him but his smile was different and then the rest of his face changed. It was a boy's face, a boy I hadn't seen before, but I knew the face. I was so comfortable with the new face I saw. The boy was a teenager. I've dreamt of people I have never met or seen before and I always wonder where do they come from? How does my mind create these images for my nighttime self? I try to think of different people I know and put their faces together in new combinations. I think maybe my mind likes to blend what I like from strangers into new people who will never exist. I have dreamt of hundreds of makebelieve strangers throughout my life, some of them I kind of remember and others I wouldn't have recalled ten minutes after waking. But the smiling boy I saw in my sleep, I don't think he was a stranger at all. I think that that face came from Jessica and George. A mother and father who stumbled into a dream and woke up without a baby. The dream I had that night was a gift. I don't know if it was a gift from you Frost, or if I gave it to myself. I will never forget the face I saw through closed eyes. He was just what I expected.
Night, night Frost
Mama loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment