Blood

Friday, December 18, 2015

Happy 6th Birthday

A poem, a sky lantern and a bell.  These were your gifts this year.  These are your gifts every year.  But what you give to us every day, that is the true gift.  There is so much of you here with us.  The conversations I have with your brother make me wonder what you and I would have talked about.  Your sister's drawings make me wonder what your imagination would have created.  And then I realize that you are wound up in these parts of them.  I see you in their gifts everyday.  I am a mother of three.  But you are the one who watches over us.  I love you always.  I saw you in the light on the ice crystals this morning and I felt faraway for a moment.  Maybe you brought me to you for that little bit of time.  Happy birthday Frost.  Six years is so long. 
Night, night Frost
Mama loves you

No comments:

Post a Comment