Blood

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Much Needed Storm

It came at the end of an oblong day. I sat by the window and waited for lightening. I went out into it and felt the fat drops. I loved the fat drops, on my shoulders and dress. I watched the storm play, like a child flipping a light switch off and on. I listened to it speak in the leaves and die in the parched soil. The clouds circled round and flashed through many faces. Too many to recognize, but I know I knew some of them. It made the cats huddle. It made my plants smile. It made your cousin dance. It made me realize comfort in summer. It's electricity changed up the day, it moved me forward and made me think of who I was missing and how you are a part of that energy, and how you stay with me in so many ways. You fly far above my head and every so often come down and share a little peace with me. I needed you today Frost. Thank you for knowing that.

Night, night Frost
Mama loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment